Monday, April 20, 2015

Anticipated Summer Movies

Anyone who has ever met me knows that I love movies. Last summer was a bit of a let down. There were a few good things, but not a lot. This summer is going to be excellent. Here are the movies that I anticipate to be great over the summer.


Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1st
Okay it is an Avengers movie. And it looks amazing. Who wouldn't go to this? I bet it is the most successful movie of the year. Not the best, Mockingjay Part 2 will be better, but it'll be huge. At the theater, we have ordered special shirts for everyone to wear opening weekend.

Pitch Perfect 2, May 15th
Pitch Perfect was one of my favorite movies. Sequels for movies as awesome as Pitch Perfect usually don't turn out well. They try to hard and it just doesn't go well. I am optimistic about this movie. I think it'll be really funny like the last one, but I bet people are more excited than they need to be.

Tomorrowland, May 22nd
I think it looks cool. The girl in it is in a movie that my parents and I love, Dan in Real Life. She is the moody teenage daughter but now she is the star of the show. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about some town in the future that people study to save the future...? I don't know, but I bet it is successful and a lot of people go. 

San Andreas, May 29th
It is a huge disaster movie with the Rock. Good enough for me and my dad.


Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, June 12th
Dad, Malsue, and I will all go see this. It looks like a cross between Fault in Our Stars with A Walk To Remember. It is about a girl who is diagnosed with cancer, and these two kids try to help her out. Looks  like a good movie. I don't know that it'll be big enough and we get in little Tooele, but we will go see it anyways.

Jurassic World, June 12th
This movie is going to be so awesome. Chris Pratt, who I love from Parks and Recreation and Guardians of the Galaxy is the star of the show. I could not tell if this was going to be a sequel or a reboot. It is sort of both. It takes place about 20 years after Jurassic Park failed and the dinosaurs took over and a bunch of people died. The park was rebooted and now called Jurassic World. It is open for about 10 years when visitor numbers start to go down. This means they need to make a new attraction. They decide to create a new dinosaur. Bad idea. Of course this horribly backfires into an awesome movie. So excited!

Inside Out, June 19th
This will be a fun one. So everyone has these little voices in their heads right? Each voice is an emotion, and they determine how we react to stuff. It is a Pixar movie so tons of people will go. I think it looks really good. I recommend watching the trailer, it explains it all. It looks like a a really fun movie that people of many ages will enjoy.

Terminator: Genisys, July 1st
I can't say that I am a huge fan of the Terminator movies, but they are huge and make a new one every few years. I'll go see it. I expect this movie to be pretty popular, as the Avenger crowd will have died down by this time.

Ant-Man, July 17th
Marvel dominates the super hero movie market. Once Avengers dies down, they will release Ant-Man. Paul Rudd is the main star, so I'll go because I think he's fun. I have a really hard time getting excited over a movie called Ant-man. It's a Marvel movie so tons of people will go.

Pixels, July 24th
This film is not yet rated. I think it looks interesting. It is about aliens that see classic video games, see it as us declaring war, so they attack earth as classic video games, pixels and all. Pac-Man, Donkey-Kong, all the classics are here to destroy. I think it looks good. It's an Adam Sandler movie. Usually his movies suck, but he has a good one every once in a while.

Paper Towns, July 24th
Paper Towns is a book written by John Green, who had Fault In Our Stars. He's pretty cool. Every time I finish one of his books I get a really bad  headache. Not sure why. Anyways, this movie is about some high schools guys, one of which has a crush on the girl next door, go on a mission to find the missing girl next door. Margo Roth Spiegelman. She is a very popular but very mysterious girl. After an awesome adventure with Quentin Jacobsen, she disappears. Malsue and I read the book and we are very excited to go.


Mission: Impossible 5, July 31st
It's another Mission: Impossible movie. What more can I say?

Fantastic Four, August 7th
They made this movie a few years back and it was pretty good. Since it was made, the Human Torch has become the much better Captain America. Plus, Marvel can do what they want so why not make another Fantastic Four movie? The cast is so much better. Miles Teller, Micheal B Jordan, fun people. I bet a lot of people go to this after Ant-Man dies down.

These are all the movies I can think of right now. I love working at the theater. It is so much more fun when there are good movies going on. This summer is going to be so busy with huge movies. And these are just the biggest ones I can think of. I recommend watching the trailers on imdb. Get all sorts of excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment