Sunday, April 19, 2015

Finals Week

Finals Week is almost over. I only have two more to take and they won't be very hard. The worst ones are over.

Wednesday and Thursday- I needed a quiet place to sit and study and I just couldn't do it in my apartment. I called Gam Wednesday night and asked if I could come stay with her. She said yes and I was on the next train to Salt Lake. I really love staying with Gam and Pa. It is just nice and quiet and very relaxing. Plus I was really sick and just needed to be somewhere else. They were wonderful and let me come stay with them.

Friday- Friday was the first day of Finals. Each test you have to take can go one of two ways; the teacher sends it to the testing center and you take it whenever you want, or they schedule a time in class and everyone takes it at that time. Most of the religion courses are turned in to the testing center and you take them whenever you want. After I left Gam and Pa's house and got back to school, I headed over to the Wilk where they were doing all the religious testing. Book of Mormon and Pearl of Great Price are the two finals I was most confident about. The Book of Mormon one took me about an hour and half and had a big essay portion. Pearl of Great Price only took me about a half hour. They could have gone better, but the way those two teachers do grades it'll be just fine. Later that day, mixing the not-so-wonderful finals, the upcoming beastly finals, not getting a certain job I was excited about, and being sick, I was having a really rough day. I called my mom and we talked for like an hour. She's great. I love her. I feel much better now.

Saturday- Today was the day that I was going to have my hardest final. Not excited and I felt like no amount of studying would make me feel ready. First I had to go take my Crusades final. Really shot myself in the foot here. Once I switched my major, this class and one other only count as elective credits. Taking some rough stuff for elective credits. Anyways, that final went just fine. The teacher is really easy to get along with and you would have to try to not do well in that class, just super boring and not important. The US History final is what I was nervous about. I know my US History very well. But not the way he wants us to. We did not read things like the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Emancipation Proclamation, nothing like that. We hardly even talked about them. We spend a TON of time talking about journal articles and letters written by everyday people in reaction to the politics of the time. So stupid. Those documents do not have great historical significance. We spent less than one day talking about the Revolutionary War, which is probably the most important event in our history. Just can't win with this guy. He admits to being a very harsh grader and that people usually do not do well in his class or get good grades. Why did I do this? Taking his final took me about two hours. All essay. I feel like I answered everything as best as I could and I think my answers  were very good. However, he is very stingy and I may get docked points for anything. You could probably wear a shirt he didn't like and you would get docked points. I finished it and turned it in, but I still can't help but worry about it. It is over now and there is nothing else I can do.

Sunday- We all slept in and got ready for church. I have spent the last several Sundays with my family and my home ward. I have a routine for getting ready and it's all sorts of different when you have roommates around. I love them, but it is still very different from any situation I have been in before. Anyways, while I was sitting in sacrament meeting, Darick's mom Michele called me. She is not the easiest person to get a hold of, so I called her back right after the meeting. We talked on the phone for a long time. She is really fun to talk to. She tells me that Darick will be coming home July 15th at about 2:00 in the afternoon. That is only 87 days away!!!!! It has been so long... It will be crazy having him back but it will also be wonderful. I've started planning a few fun dates that will take pretty much the entire day but it is going to be so much fun.

Monday- I have my Environmental Biology Final scheduled from 11:00-2:00. Should be just fine. I haven't studied a ton, but since it is a topic I am so interested, I seem to have a better memory of things we talk about and the stuff we do. I know the material for that course a lot better than the material for my other courses. I am still going to study for a few hours before I go take it, but it should be just fine.

Tuesday- This is where it gets annoying. I have one last final scheduled for 8:00 that night. Stupid. Can't just take it whenever, have to be there at 8:00 in the evening to take an essay test. It is for Scandinavian History. I took the class because I thought it would be cool to take it and learn about where my hundreds of years of ancestors are from. They were some pretty prominent people. I was not aware that speaking Norwegian and Swedish was a prerequisite. That was not listed when I signed up.  Literally half the time the teacher talks it is in either Swedish or Norwegian. I am also the only student in there who is not married or engaged and did not serve a mission in the Scandinavian region. Really shot myself in the foot with this one. Anyways, during the day my mom is going to come and help me pack up my stuff and come home. Everything must be packed up, cleaned, and moved out by April 25th at 10am, but I am getting out early. Once we finish our tests we are free to go. Since my final is going to finish late, I can't decide if I will check out that night and come home, or if I will stay that night and come home the next day. Probably just come home that night. I'll get everything done on Tuesday so I may as well just go home late that night. On Wednesday I would just get up and check out.

Wednesday- Odds are I will be home by then and enjoying a nice long break! I will have a break of about 4 months! I was going to do spring semester, but none of the classes I need are offered so it wouldn't be worth it to stick around. I'll just get to be home with my family, work at the movie theater that I love so much, play with puppies, play games, I'll start a summer tv series and get hooked on it, Darick will come home soon, it is just going to be a great few months.

This is what my schedule looks like. Crazy few days. Last week was bad too because I had a ton of papers due.


Just like last semester, I try to find humor in things. Here are a few pictures that have helped me have a laugh.







No comments:

Post a Comment